Louise has been a physiotherapist for 20 years. Throughout the early stages of her career, she used her profession to experience a wide scope of health settings ranging from working with a predominantly remote aboriginal client base in the Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Centre at the Royal Darwin Hospital, through to spending several years as a physiotherapist at the National Sports Centre in London where she worked with elite athletes including the British Diving Team and London Towers basketball teams.
Louise has always been a runner and a fitness enthusiast herself, and her passion in her career was the ability to use her skills and knowledge to help her clients reach their full potential and achieve their goals.
After settling in Ascot Vale and having three children of her own, Louise’s professional focus switched to helping women maintain fitness and health throughout the journey of pregnancy and motherhood. She moved into Women's Health Physiotherapy and Pelvic Floor management with an emphasis on rehabilitating women following pregnancy and birth using pilates, exercise and pelvic floor strengthening. She is passionate about increasing “women's health talk” and normalising these discussions about issues such as prolapse and incontinence so that women don’t have to feel that they need to hide something that affects most women and can be treated.
Lou also runs our GLA:D exercise groups, which is a program designed to help people with Osteoarthritis to reduce pain and improve functions. She is passionate about women's health at all stages and uses this to guide the team to deliver excellent service.
Continence & Lymphoedema Physiotherapist
Amelia Chan, a continence and lymphoedema physiotherapist, her postgraduate training at University of Melbourne in 2004. She has worked in several Continence Services in public hospitals over the last 7 years and owns her own private practice specialising in lymphoedema and pelvic floor rehabilitation.
Her passion is to empower patients with understanding of their conditions and equip them with a management plan to improve their quality of life. She speaks fluent Cantonese and keeps busy outside of work with her two daughters.
Her services at In Stride Health Clinic include:
• Education of good bowel habits and bladder habits
• Functional bowel retraining
• Bowel retraining for constipation and IBS
• Pelvic floor training for faecal frequency, urgency and incontinence
• Rectal balloon biofeedback training
• Pelvic floor muscle down-training
• Defaecation retraining for recurrent anal fissures and haemorrhoids
• Pelvic floor training for prolapse and incontinence
• Bladder retraining for urinary frequency, urgency and incontinence
• Postnatal pelvic floor rehabilitation
• Pre and post prostatectomy pelvic floor training
• Lymphoedema assessment and management
• Cording management